Friday, June 17, 2005

A happy note.

Well, I think I’m done with the morbid poetry. I’ve been listening to Nine Inch Nails “With Teeth” allot lately, and I find it very inspiring for writing. I’ve never been good at writing “happy” things, always seems to worry people. I’m just better at writing sad, morbid, somewhat angry and sexually violent poetry than shit about flowers, and puppy dogs.

NIN has always been a great inspiration for me to write. Something about the music that hints at parts of my life, things I went through, that allows me to focus on what I am writing. I was reading some older stuff I wrote, years back (I recently rediscovered some poetry in an old blank book). It’s funny; my writing style has never really changed. It’s always about being heartbroken, or horribly depressed, and often a bit angry.

I think it just fits me. It doesn’t even have to pertain to how I actually feel, it’s just how I like to write. Things are actually starting to look up again in my life. It’s a great feeling. I actually hate being depressed, despite what my writing may convey. It’s good to be out of that funk finally.

And on a happy note. There is this little girl who lives next door to us, that has this adorably cute puppy. I was walking out to my car today to go to work, and she was I her yard playing with the puppy. I don’t think there is anything happier than a little puppy. Something about their pure innocence, and they way they look at you and give that puppy smile, it just breaks your heart in a good way.

I want a puppy so bad it hurts. Two actually, one for each of us so there isn’t any fighting over who gets to smother it. But, we have three cats, already, and that’s like having little monkeys running around your house. Last week or so they have taken to various naughty escapades in the middle of the night. Sometimes its cute, they climb into boxes, or try running into the closets, but they still aren’t puppies.

Heaven is a place that is an endless field of grass filled with puppies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home