Thursday, June 16, 2005

A wound that never heals

The breeze, echoes all the little woes
Standing alone, in this place
Its dark and it hollow
And sometimes, yeah sometimes
I forget I’m alive.

It’s broken open again, and it throbs and it hurts
Just a big black gaping hole
It’s the wound that never heals

I think there used to be a time when I felt a little better
But now I can’t remember
No now, no, I can’t fucking remember
Is it lost or is it dead?
Maybe it was all, just in my head

But I don’t think it was, I don’t think its true
I just can’t remember a time when it wasn’t fucking you
It always was, yes it always was
As shitty as it seems, I can’t figure out why
Why I’m alone now, I just wonder why

There is nothing now, as far as I can tell
And I can’t help to think
That I’m just a little scab
Picking me apart, to get at what’s on the inside

And It’s broken open again, it throbs and it hurts
Just a big black gaping hole
I’m the wound that never heals.